The SHEA Presentation Management Website is now open to oral presenters and invited speakers for advance submission of presentations for the meeting. You may submit your PowerPoint presentation before and during the meeting via the internet from today until 12:00pm (Time Zone) on 4/4. Submit Now!
Speaker Ready Room
All speakers are required to check in at the Speaker Ready Room, which is located in the Emerald Room, 24 hours before their presentation. If your travel plans do not allow you 24 hours please check in 4 hours prior to your presentation at a minimum.
|Abstract Submission Deadline||November 7, 2010|
|Abstract Notifications Sent||December 16, 2010|
|Abstract Withdrawal Deadline*||December 23, 2010|
|Late-Breaker Submission Site Opens||January 7, 2011|
|Late-Breaker Submission Deadline||January 30, 2011|
|Late-Breaker Notifications Sent||February 15, 2011|
*Edits or changes after this date will not be guaranteed publication in the SHEA 2011 Final Program and Abstracts CD.
Important Tips for Submission
- Late-breaker abstracts must contain data not available at the original abstract deadline (Nov. 7).
- Late-breaker abstracts are highly competitive. Only abstracts containing new, novel information will be considered.
- Late-breaker authors are not eligible to apply for awards requiring abstract submission.
Review the Call for Abstracts. Especially note:
- The required format. Deviating from this format may affect the acceptance of your abstract.
- Per the Call for Abstracts, there is a 2,600 character limit. Images do NOT count toward that limit, but tables not saved as images (jpg) do count toward the limit.
- Authors should consult the CONSORT (randomized controlled trials), STROBE (observational studies), and ORION (intervention studies and outbreak reports) statements, as appropriate, in reporting their research results. Authors should adhere with key elements of these statements, particularly those related to the Methods and Results sections. These statements, and others, are available at the EQUATOR Network (Enhancing the Quality and Transparency of Health Research).
Four high-quality, high-impact abstracts will be selected for presentation at a plenary session based on:
- Uniqueness of the studies
- The significance of the problems addressed
- The strength of the methodology used
- The potential of the findings to change practice.
If you need help with a technical issue, call (401) 334-0220 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Eastern for assistance. Please specify the SHEA Annual Meeting, and, if you have it, your abstract ID number.